Your Pharmacy Benefits
What is a formulary? It’s a list of drugs that can help you save money. We choose drugs for it that are safe and cost effective — they’re the drugs your health benefits or insurance plan prefers that you use. So when your doctor prescribes one of these drugs, it can help you control the cost of health care. Or lower the costs you pay out of pocket. The formulary includes both generic and brand-name drugs. Each drug is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Any changes are based on the latest medical findings, as well as information from the FDA and drugmakers. Talk with your doctor to see if one might be right for you. Access this pharmacy information and other helpful links below:
View & download formulary lists:
Skip the pharmacy line, and get your medicine by mail
Our mail-order pharmacies are also part of your benefits. These services are quick and private. You choose where your medicine is delivered — your home, your doctor’s office … wherever works for you. You get free standard shipping, too.
Enjoy two ways to get your medicine by mail:
1. Aetna Rx Home Delivery® mail-order pharmacyUse this option if you take medicine on a regular basis for conditions like arthritis, asthma or diabetes.
- Get up to 90 days’ worth of medicine, or the most allowed by your plan.
- Pay less for that larger supply, depending on your plan.
2. Aetna Rx Home Delivery® medicine and support servicesUse this option if you take specialty medicine for conditions like multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis or cancer.
- Get this unique medicine packed safely and securely.
- Receive tips and training on how to inject your medicine, if needed, and cope with side effects.
How to order medicine, once you’re an enrolled memberTake these steps to submit new orders to Aetna Rx Home Delivery:
Step 1 Ask your doctor to write TWO prescriptions.
- Prescription #1: Is for a one-month supply. Fill it at a local retail pharmacy. With this short-term supply, you will have enough of your medicine on hand to see you through until your first Aetna Rx Home Delivery order arrives.
- Prescription #2: Is typically for a 90-day supply (with three refills). Send this one to Aetna Rx Home Delivery.
- Fax - Your doctor may fax your prescription to 1-866-FAX-ASRX (1-866-329-2779).
- Mail - You or your doctor may mail your prescription order to: Aetna Specialty Pharmacy, 503 Sunport Lane, Orlando, FL 32809. If you mail in your own prescription, please send it along with a completed Patient Profile Form. To access this form, visit www.aetnaspecialtyrx.com.
- Phone - Your doctor may also call and speak to one of our registered pharmacists at 1-866-782-ASRX (1-866-782-2779) during our normal business hours of 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. ET.
Keep in mindIf you need a short-term supply of medicine: Just use a retail pharmacy near you. It’s easy to find one in our network — just log in to Aetna member website.
Not a member yet?Take a test run by using “federal3” for the username and password.
These online tools are available to our members through Aetna member website:*
- Cost of Care Tool – find the average price for hospital stays, procedures and prescriptions.
- Member Payment Estimator – provides real-time, out-of-pocket estimates for medical expenses based on your Aetna health plan.
*If you proceed with the Cost of Care & Member Payment Estimator Tools pricing information is not guaranteed and is an estimate of the total cost. Please read the Plan’s Federal brochures to evaluate the cost of medical expenses. For additional information about prescription drugs, please refer to the Aetna Preferred Drug (formulary) Guide on www.aetnafeds.com/pharmacy for more information.