Available to members in the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), Consumer Driven Health Plan
(CDHP) and Value Plan
You can earn an incentive credit by taking part in in Aetna’s new biometric screening program. And you’ll find out useful information about your health.
Biometric screenings give you important information on certain health risk factors, like:
- Total cholesterol
- Blood pressure
- Waist circumference
The screening involves a set of simple tests: blood test, blood pressure and waist measurement. They can show you if you’re at risk for metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is a group of symptoms that, when occurring together, raise your risk for developing certain health problems, such as heart attack and stroke.* Individuals with Metabolic Syndrome are:
- Five times more likely to become diabetic.
- Two to three times more likely to have a cardiovascular event.
By understanding your risk for developing Metabolic Syndrome, you can make lifestyle changes to reduce or eliminate your risk.
* Source: Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ms/
Aetna’s High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP) and Value Plan subscribers and their covered spouses are eligible to participate. Participation in the biometric screening program is optional. You won’t be charged for the screening if you schedule it at a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center.
If you’re an HDHP, CDHP or Value plan member and complete the biometric screening, you could receive a:
- A $75 deposit to your Health Savings Account (HSA) on the HDHP*
- A $50 credit to the medical fund on the CDHP per enrollee
- A $50 health incentive credit on the Value Plan per enrollee
- An additional $50 credit for your eligible spouse, up to an annual family limit of $100 on the CDHP and Value Plan
- An additional deposit for your eligible spouse, up to the annual family limit of $200 on the HDHP.*
Members in other Aetna plans can speak with their doctor about getting these important preventive tests but will not be eligible for incentive credits.
*HDHP members must also complete the Health Risk Assessment and one online wellness program.
You’ll be eligible for your screening after the effective date of your coverage. Click on the link below to schedule a biometric screening at a nearby Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center (PSC). Quest has over 2,000 PSCs available nationwide for you to choose from. The online scheduling system will give you a confirmation whenyou sign up. If you submit your email address, you’ll also get a reminder 48 hours before your scheduled screening.
If you’re not located within 20 miles of a Quest Diagnostics PSC, ask your doctor to complete the form below and fax or mail it back to Quest.
Within a few weeks of your screening, you’ll receive a “My 5 to Health Profile” which tells you about metabolic syndrome and gives you important information on your risk factors.
* Laboratory results must be collected between 01/01/2017 and 12/31/2017 to be accepted and to earn appropriate incentive.