2020 Open Enrollment
Dig deeper with the tools below and get smart about your health choices!
Enrolling or switching your health plan is easier than you’d expect.
Simply follow the instructions below
For FEHB Medical Plans:
- Choose a medical plan.
- New hires have 60 days to choose benefits
- Have the answers to the following questions ready:
- Will you be enrolling yourself only or you and your family?
- Which plan did you select?
- What is the enrollment code for that plan?
- You can find the enrollment code using our tool to the right.
- Most agencies enroll electronically using one of the online tools listed below:
- Employee Express: See a list of agencies participating in Employee Express.
- Department of Defense: DoD automated enrollment systems.
- U. S. Postal Service: PostalEASE system or the telephone enrollment system.
- Department of Energy: DOE automated systems.
- Health and Human Services and Environmental Protection: MyPay.
- Employees of agencies payrolled by the National Finance Center: Employee Personal Page.
- If your agency uses paper forms, you will need the SF 2809 (available below).
- Print it, fill it out, and provide a copy to your human resources office.
- Download SF 2809 form
- If you are an annuitant (retiree), and would like to enroll in Aetna Direct or any other Aetna plan please see below:
- To Enroll online using OPM’s Open Season Online system: click here: https://retireefehb.opm.gov/
- To Enroll by Phone: call the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Retirement Information Center at 1-888-767-6738 (or 1-800-878-5707 for a TDD for the hearing impaired).
- Retirees in the Washington DC local calling area should dial 202-606-0551 for a TDD for the hearing impaired.
- Send an email to OPM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just you and one eligible family member?
It’s a new enrollment type in the FEHB Program. You’ll be able to cover yourself and one eligible family member. Starting in 2016, all FEHB plans, including Aetna, will offer Self Only, Self Plus One, and Self and Family enrollment options. Employees and annuitants will be able to select this beginning in the 2015 Open Season. For more information visit www.opm.gov/selfplusone