Welcome new hires!
Congratulations on your recent employment with the Federal Government.
We can help you make sense of all your health plan options and find the plan that’s right for you. We offer:
- Affordable plans, including PPO networks, nationwide coverage and no referrals*
- Dental/vision benefits and discounts on items to help you stay healthy
- Online tools and mobile apps
Find the right plan for you
Find a doctor with Provider Search
Use the Provider Search directory when you need to search the Aetna network for doctors, labs, hospitals and more.
See if your doctor is in the Aetna network
Remember, using doctors that participate in the Aetna network gives you the most value. Aetna networks are among the largest in the country. So, chances are your doctor is already there. You can check right now!
- Step 1: Visit the Provider Search web site and click on “START A NEW SEARCH.”
- Step 2: Follow the prompts. You can search by zip code, doctor name, specialty, hospital affiliation, gender — you choose how to search.
- Step 3: When prompted for your plan type, select the network based on which plan you’re interested in.
After you enroll, you’ll be able to enter Provider Search through the secure website. Aetna member website prefills your plan information, making your search even easier!
Learn more about your doctor
To make an informed decision, Provider Search® gives you helpful information about a doctor:
- Plans accepted
- Office locations
- Maps and driving directions
- Medical school attended
- Board certification
- Languages spoken
Plans at a glance
All Aetna plan options and key differences are shown below.
This chart shows Aetna plan options for:
HMO Plans, Value Plans, HDHP Plans, CDHP Plans, and Aetna Direct.
Feature HMO Plans Value Plans HDHP Plans CDHP Plans Aetna Direct Specialist referral? No (except CA) No No No No National network? Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Out of network coverage? No Yes Yes Yes Yes Deductible? No Yes, but not for office visits or prescriptions Yes, but not for preventive care Yes, but not for preventive care Waived with Medicare A & B Prescription coverage? Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Basic dental and vision? Yes No Yes Yes No HSA or fund? No No Yes, HSA Yes, Fund Yes, Fund Flat copays for medical care? Yes* Yes, office visits No No No Wellness credits No Yes Yes Yes No Waived deductible and coinsurance when Medicare Parts A & B are primary No No No No Yes
For information about our plan available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), please visit our Dental PPO Plan site or our Aetna Vision Preferred site.
*Flat copays for most covered services in the HMO plans. Certain regions require coinsurance (a percentage of the covered cost) for hospital coverage.
Not a member yet?
Take a test run by using “federal3” for the username and password. Visit: Aetna member website now.
All of these online tools are available to our members through Aetna member website:
- Cost of Care Tool – find the average price for hospital stays, procedures and prescriptions.
- Member Payment Estimator – provides real-time, out-of-pocket estimates for medical expenses based on your Aetna health plan.
- Hospital Comparison Tool – compare area hospitals to see how they measure up in quality and treatment for specific procedures.
- Personal Health Record – captures important health information in one place, helping you stay healthy with personalized alerts and reminders so you can share your health history with your doctors.
- SmartSource – find custom-fit health information, based on your specific condition or symptom, including a list of doctors that treat your condition.