Welcome new hires!
Congratulations on your recent employment with the Federal Government.
Congrats – Welcome to the site
Hey, you made it.
First off, congrats on the new job!
Now it’s time to choose a new health plan to go along with it.
Remember, you’ve got 60 days to make a decision.
The clock is ticking and I’m sure you’re eager to get going, so we won’t bore you with a whole bunch about ourselves right now... but... we will say this...
if you haven’t heard of Aetna, you should definitely dig a little deeper, talk to your friends, ask a coworker and check us out.
We’ve been around since 1853, have over 23 million members and provide access to over 1 million health professionals nationwide. Above all, for more than 50 years, we’ve been dedicated to people – just – like – you – working in the federal government.
Now back to your awesome new situation.
On this site you’ll find information about our medical, dental and vision plans. All designed to give you access to high-quality care, while looking after your financial well-being.
And if you’re new to picking a health plan or just want a little guided assistance... check out Ask ALEX. It’s a step-by-step, question and answer tool to help you find the plan that fits for your personal situation.
Also, be sure to check out the discount programs page on this site. We offer lots of discounts on everyday health needs from eyeglasses to gym memberships to massage therapy.
Lastly, at any point during the process, if you’re ready to make a selection, just hit the “enroll now” button. That will take you to a page with instructions on how to sign up for your new plan.
From all of us at Aetna, cheers to your new job, new opportunities, and a healthy new you.
|Click here to download a PDF of this video transcript|
We can help you make sense of all your health plan options. And help you figure out the plan that’s right for you. You can get:
- Affordable plans, including PPO networks, nationwide coverage and no referrals*
- Dental/vision benefits and discounts on items to help you stay healthy
- Online tools and mobile apps
Find the right plan for you
Find a doctor with DocFind®
Use the DocFind directory when you need to search the Aetna network for doctors, labs, hospitals and more.
See if your doctor is in the Aetna network
Remember, using doctors that participate in the Aetna network gives you the most value. Aetna networks are among the largest in the country. So, chances are your doctor is already there. You can check right now!
- Step 1: Visit the DocFind web site and click on “START A NEW SEARCH.”
- Step 2: Follow the prompts. You can search by zip code, doctor name, specialty, hospital affiliation, gender — you choose how to search.
- Step 3: When prompted for your plan type, select the network based on which plan you’re interested in.
After you enroll, you’ll be able to enter DocFind through the secure website. Aetna Navigator prefills your plan information, making your search even easier!
Learn more about your doctor
To make an informed decision, DocFind® gives you helpful information about a doctor:
- Plans accepted
- Office locations
- Maps and driving directions
- Medical school attended
- Board certification
- Languages spoken
DocFind is updated six days per week, so you have the latest on participating doctors and facilities.
Plans at a glance
All Aetna plan options and key differences are shown below.
|Feature||HMO Plans||Value Plans||HDHP Plans||CDHP Plans||Aetna Direct|
|Specialist referral?||No (except CA)||No||No||No||No|
|Out of network coverage?||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Deductible?||No||Yes, but not for office visits or prescriptions||Yes, but not for preventive care||Yes, but not for preventive care||Waived with Medicare A & B|
|Basic dental and vision?||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|HSA or fund?||No||No||Yes, HSA||Yes, Fund||Yes, Fund|
|Flat copays for medical care?||Yes*||Yes, office visits||No||No||No|
|Waived deductible and coinsurance when Medicare Parts A & B are primary||No||No||No||No||Yes|
For information about our plans available through the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), please visit our Dental PPO Plan site or our Aetna Vision Preferred site.
*Flat copays for most covered services in the HMO plans. Certain regions require coinsurance (a percentage of the covered cost) for hospital coverage.
Find the right health plan with ALEX®
ALEX, your interactive online benefits adviser, walk you through your health benefits and help you find the Aetna plan to fit your health care and financial needs.
Not a member yet?
Take a test run by using “federal3” for the username and password. Visit: Aetna Navigator® now.
All of these online tools are available to our members through Aetna Navigator:
- Cost of Care Tool – find the average price for hospital stays, procedures and prescriptions.
- Member Payment Estimator – provides real-time, out-of-pocket estimates for medical expenses based on your Aetna health plan.
- Hospital Comparison Tool – compare area hospitals to see how they measure up in quality and treatment for specific procedures.
- Personal Health Record – captures important health information in one place, helping you stay healthy with personalized alerts and reminders so you can share your health history with your doctors.
- SmartSource – find custom-fit health information, based on your specific condition or symptom, including a list of doctors that treat your condition.
- iTriage – a free smartphone app with comprehensive medical content that guides you through the symptom-to-provider™ pathway.
Want to see the plans available where you live?
Just enter your ZIP code below to get started.
*Except for our California health maintenance organization (HMO) plan.